- Richard J. Sneed. The Faire: Photographs and History of the Renaissance Pleasure Faire from 1963 Onwards. Chipping-under-Oakwood [Agoura], Calif.: The Good Book Press, 1987.
- Peter and Donna Thomas. More Making Books by Hand: Exploring Miniature Books, Alternative Structures and Found Objects. Quarry Books, 2004.
“The text contains an introduction, a comprehensive ‘how-to’ section, and illustrated instructions for making 12 book structures, each a binding developed by Peter and Donna Thomas. Illustrated with line drawings by Donna Thomas and photographs of books made by Peter and Donna Thomas.”
- Peter and Donna Thomas. The Muir Ramble Route: Walking from San Francisco to Yosemite in the Footsteps of John Muir. Poetic Matrix Press, 2010.
“A guide for hiking from San Francisco to Yosemite by Peter and Donna Thomas with an account of the original 1868 trip by John Muir.”
- Peter and Donna Thomas. The Wandering Book Artists’ Gypsy Wagon. Artscow, 2010.
20 x 20 cm (8” x 8”)
“The text describes the genesis of our cross country trips as ‘Wandering Book Artists,’ and features photographic images taken while on our trips around the U.S. This is a print-on-demand hardbound photo book created through the Artscow website. There have been seven editions as of 2016, each having under 20 copies.”
- Peter Thomas and Sandra Salamony.1000 Artists’ Books, Exploring the Book as Art. Quarry Books, 2012.
“This book showcases images and written descriptions of 1000 artists’ books. Peter chose the artists whose works are represented in the book and wrote the introductory text, which outlines the history of the artists’ book and proposes a method for categorizing Artists’ books by their structure.”
- Peter and Donna Thomas. They Made the Paper at Tuckenhay Mill: Interviews with Retired hand papermakers. 2nd ed. Ann Arbor, Mich.: The Legacy Press, 2017
- John Muir, Peter Thomas, Donna Thomas. Anywhere That is Wild: John Muir’s First Walk to Yosemite. Illustrated by Emily Brown. [Yosemite National Park, Calif.]: Yosemite Conservancy,