A photograph of the First Unitarian Society of Milwaukee's first church from the “Historical Sketch of the First Unitarian Church of Milwaukee, 1892.” The church was constructed in 1843 at the northwest corner of Grand Avenue (now Wisconsin Street) and Second Street, shortly after the formation of the society in 1842. The building was sold to St. James Episcopal in 1850 after it was foreclosed the previous year.
Find related items in the First Unitarian Church of Milwaukee collection.
- American Unitarian Association
- Congregational Polity
- First Unitarian Society of Milwaukee
- Yankee Yorkers
- Source: First Unitarian Society Records, 1841-2017. UWM Manuscript Collection 175, box 1, folder 15. University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Libraries, Archives Department.
- Creator: Brennan Christianson and Roman Lulloff